Heads Up Display Helmet

dndom

H U D

Probably more distracting than safer. I don't really need a speedometer to know how fast I'm going and prefer audible Sat nav information/warnings but the rear camera could be useful if the battery lasted over 12 hours.

whitehawk

My initial reaction is that the display would have to be very unobtrusive and quite minimal to avoid getting in the way of what you actually need to see - the everything in front of you.

The rear camera could be very confusing - if the display is a fairly solid video from the camera then it would block part of your view to the front, and if it was a faded image that you could see through then it could just get confusing as your brain tries to work out what's behind and what's in front. The main benefit of the cameras would be to simply record front and back to use with insurers/police in event of a collision.

One of the problems with cars these days is all the distractions - music, satnav, phone, and multiple displays of all sorts of info about the car, the route, traffic problems, etc.
For bikes those distractions can have nastier consequences much faster, but I guess when used responsibly they're fine....

I would assume BMW have thought of all this and made it work. I'd certainly be willing to give it a go just to see, although I will probably have to wait until it's in common use before it will be affordable!