Hello from Texas!

RiserOfEvil

I've had a membership here since 2011 when I was originally exploring the Dino. Didn't go that route at the time primarily due to cost. This weekend I picked up a Red 2009 that is completely stock - so no pictures to show now.

Possibly one of the best deals I've ever got on a bike - $5,000 USD with 504 miles on it! I bought it about 90 minutes away from home, so got a good taste of highway driving. Needless to say, I've already ordered an MR windshield!

A little about me - I've had quite a few motorcycles, so any opinions I post later should be well tempered. Here is my list, in order:
- 1981 Honda scooter (yellow, 49cc, no idea the name)
- 1984 Honda Blackhawk (first 2-up bike)
- 1997 Yamaha Vmax (Stage 7 kit. Crazy fast. Crappy range and handling)
- 2002 Yamaha Vino 125 (fun for the neighborhood)
- 2004 Honda Reflex (started commuting to work to save gas)
- 2005 Honda Silverwing (some weekend touring)
- 2003 Yamaha FJR 1300 (wanted comfortable speed and touring capabilities)
- 2002 BMW R1150R (more touring)
- 2007 Yamaha Warrior (no idea why I got this)
- 2008 Honda Goldwing (lots of touring. didn't keep long due to top-heaviness and a short inseam)
- 2009 Yamaha Stratoliner (very comfy. sold when I went overseas for a while)
- 2012 HD Street Glide (pressure from inlaws, + new gen was actually good)
- 2014 HD Ultra Limited (upgraded ergos, very very comfy. only ride about 2-4k miles/year so sold due to cost of parking)
- 2009 DN-01 (wanted nice cash bike)

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I've had a membership here since 2011 when I was originally exploring the Dino. Didn't go that route at the time primarily due to cost. This weekend I picked up a Red 2009 that is completely stock - so no pictures to show now.

Possibly one of the best deals I've ever got on a bike - $5,000 USD with 504 miles on it! I bought it about 90 minutes away from home, so got a good taste of highway driving. Needless to say, I've already ordered an MR windshield!

A little about me - I've had quite a few motorcycles, so any opinions I post later should be well tempered. Here is my list, in order:
- 1981 Honda scooter (yellow, 49cc, no idea the name)
- 1984 Honda Blackhawk (first 2-up bike)
- 1997 Yamaha Vmax (Stage 7 kit. Crazy fast. Crappy range and handling)
- 2002 Yamaha Vino 125 (fun for the neighborhood)
- 2004 Honda Reflex (started commuting to work to save gas)
- 2005 Honda Silverwing (some weekend touring)
- 2002 BMW R1150R (more touring)
- 2007 Yamaha Warrior (no idea why I got this)
- 2008 Honda Goldwing (lots of touring. didn't keep long due to top-heaviness and a short inseam)
- 2009 Yamaha Stratoliner (very comfy. sold when I went overseas for a while)
- 2012 HD Street Glide (pressure from inlaws, + new gen was actually good)
- 2014 HD Ultra Limited (upgraded ergos, very very comfy. only ride about 2-4k miles/year so sold due to cost of parking)
- 2009 DN-01 (wanted nice cash bike)

Definitely a VARIETY of bikes ... you should be able to give a good opinion of the Dino!

RiserOfEvil

Magic Racing Windscreen Review

Well I just installed the MR windscreen this weekend. Took about 90 minutes.

Instructions:
I used this video as a basic guide. The guy didn't video during the process, but his description of the dis-assembly process and a little common sense was enough to get it done without any issues. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pJozJnQsFw

Outcome:
While there is still plenty of wind on my face, the wind on my body is pretty much removed. This has drastically reduced the fatigue I feel from highway driving. Considering a drivers backrest as a final improvement.

Comparison:
Just for reference I've attached photos of the two windscreens side by side.

Attachments

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Well I just installed the MR windscreen this weekend. Took about 90 minutes.

Instructions:
I used this video as a basic guide. The guy didn't video during the process, but his description of the dis-assembly process and a little common sense was enough to get it done without any issues. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pJozJnQsFw

Outcome:
While there is still plenty of wind on my face, the wind on my body is pretty much removed. This has drastically reduced the fatigue I feel from highway driving. Considering a drivers backrest as a final improvement.

Comparison:
Just for reference I've attached photos of the two windscreens side by side.

Looks awesome!

DammmDel

Hi and welcome. I don,t use a back rest I just sit a little bit more upright and put my feet onto the rear foot pegs.