Hey from New Brunswick, Canada

cotetoi

I feel like an impostor because I do not have a DN-01. I am here to gather as much information about this bike before I lay the money down. I do have a bike in mind. I plan on combing the posts to get that info, and if you feel like it you can send me some too.
First question: Is this bike too complicated for a newbie? I am not too mechanically or electronically minded, so, would I be in over my head? I suspect the local Honda guys are not familiar with this bike.
I look forward to lots of perusing here.
My current rides: 2005 Honda Silverwing 600: totalled Sept 2016.
1986 Honda Helix
1998 Honda VT1100T
When I am not riding I'm thinking about it.
Good to be here.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
In my humble opinion, the DN-01 is a VERY unique bike, BUT EXPENSIVE to own. Practically EVERYTHING is BURIED under plastic and is quite a challenge to get to. Parts may be RARE to find because very few DN-01s were ever shipped to The States including Canada. The tranny is just about bulletproof BUT to replace it could run about $2-3K. The bike is quite heavy, take it from one who has 'drop it' on myself just sitting still! My best advice: sit on a few bikes AND take them for a spin to see IF they will do what you want them to do! (Personally, my Dino is more for show than go)

Andeo

I think after these models u dont face a problem with riding DN.
For example, I am a `fairy` type girl with 49kg weigth and 173cm height. And for me DN is very friendly in mountin-rides. And very, VERY safety with ABS system!

spitfire_pt

My opinion and i only have mine for a couple os months.

very nice low gravity center, the ride is smooth (if you have aftermarket windscreen), u will need TopCase ou Sidebags to carry around stuff.

as said before havy bike when you want to make low speed turns, but because of low gravity its reasonable.

I have GIVI side bags, so in heavy traffic its more hard to get around (BAGS are wider them the normal length of the bike)

I just do regular maintenance every 6000kms and put gas :)

You have to like the overall look of the bike, by it self its a show stoper, and like many other i am customizing mine with extras.

My previuous was BMW R1100RT and one thing is sure, NEVER going back to the clutch bikes :)

I feel like an impostor because I do not have a DN-01. I am here to gather as much information about this bike before I lay the money down. I do have a bike in mind. I plan on combing the posts to get that info, and if you feel like it you can send me some too.
First question: Is this bike too complicated for a newbie? I am not too mechanically or electronically minded, so, would I be in over my head? I suspect the local Honda guys are not familiar with this bike.
I look forward to lots of perusing here.
My current rides: 2005 Honda Silverwing 600: totalled Sept 2016.
1986 Honda Helix
1998 Honda VT1100T
When I am not riding I'm thinking about it.
Good to be here.

cotetoi

Hey guys and gals, thank you for the feedback. A lot of good points and advice. I am a short guy, short inseam, and 160 lbs. I had a hard time adjusting to the Silverwing when I first got it but got used to its weight and seat height. I have 7 years riding under the belt but still a greenhorn where mechanical stuff is concerned. I can do basic fluid changes and minor adjustments, but that's it.
My main concern with the DN-01 is that it is a complex electronic system and therefore not too user friendly. I saw the Honda Bulldog concept bike on Youtube. I am hoping it goes into production soon.
Have a great New Year and stay safe on your rides.
Jay.