Hi All

Adam E

Hi everyone, i am looking at getting a dn01 so though this would be a good place to get some tips before buy.

Hello :)

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Hi everyone, i am looking at getting a dn01 so though this would be a good place to get some tips before buy.

Test ride it BEFORE buying! See IF it suits your type of riding ... urban/rural. Does it do what you want a bike to do.

whitehawk

I agree with Gizmo, get a test ride if you can.
My wife and I were looking to replace our bikes with one that we could share. Had to be an automatic (as my wife is limited to auto), hopefully an improvement on her Suzuki AN400 and that was still fun enough for me not to moan too much about not having the Pan European any more.
The DN-01 turned out to be just right. A great improvement in every way over the AN-400 (apart from storage) and unique enough to make it fun for me.
Beautiful smooth ride, but it's no sportsbike and no tourer IMHO although I know some people have done many miles on them.

Gizmo

Site Suporter

IF you're "hooked" on getting an "automatic" bike, I would look to the Honda CTX 700 DCT bike. "More" state-of-art design bike than the DN-01, not that I don't love my Dino, but it is cheaper to own, can be outfitted BETTER, better mpg and more readily available! IF you're going that way!

dndom

Run mine as an all year long distance motorway/A road tool. Comfy and very stable in bad weather and the excellent auto suits the riding position far better than manuals. Reasonable fun in the twisties and ok but a bit hot/cumbersome in London. A tall screen, leg shields and Airhawk seat pad have made it a better solo tourer than any of my previous BMWs etc.