Highway Speeds question

Steevk

I live in Central Texas and just started commuting to work 50 miles each way per day. Texas Interstates have a speed limit of 75mph. Can anyone here tell me how the bike feels going 75-80-Mph? Is the RPM's high, and the exhaust and vibration normal or above average? I have not yet gotten to test drive one on the Interstate, but do plan on doing so before deciding on buying.

spamer80

It is the speed, dn-01 was designed for. 55 to 80 fitted perfectly for me. Just make sure you have non stock windshield. No vibrations and no stock exhaust noise at all.
Rpms should be about 4500-5500. Far from red zone.

Last edited:

dndom

It's the ideal bike for such roads, eerily quiet and relentlessly smooth and stable with the Givi screen and laminar lip. 90mph easy cruising.

pjwillact

I regularly ride from Canberra to Newcastle (AUS) aprox 430k on my Dino and it sits on 120kph / 75mph all day. The long wheelbase makes it very stable and the motor hums with plenty of headroom to overtake. If you're fully loaded with panniers it has to work a bit harder but is still within its scope. I love the Dino and am reluctantly about to sell. If they made it in a 900 it would have been perfect.

I live in Central Texas and just started commuting to work 50 miles each way per day. Texas Interstates have a speed limit of 75mph. Can anyone here tell me how the bike feels going 75-80-Mph? Is the RPM's high, and the exhaust and vibration normal or above average? I have not yet gotten to test drive one on the Interstate, but do plan on doing so before deciding on buying.

tlyons

Feels great at 75MPH. Smpoth, quiet, free of vibration. I can ride for a full tank with no hand or grip fatigue.
->Get a Givi or Puig windscreen. The stock screen is awful >55MPH.
->Do not let go of the handle bars. Mine is very stable but wobbles like crazy with no warning if you let go. Even just one hand on the grip is enough to damp it out and you might not guess what it will do. I imagine this can be fixed but others have reported the same issue and I don't like the experiments.

Dino666

I ride mine from Laredo to Houston from time to time. My favorite speed is 65 mph as I have the original windshield. When I am in a hurry to get back I kick it up to 80-85 and the bike does great. I don't enjoy the faster speeds because of the wind and my "super chicken gene" but the bike has no problem with it.

DNSarnia

Though 65 to 85 mph is a nice calm enjoyable ride - North of 100 and life begins. I have gps clocked my DN-01 at 212 km/h (roughly 130 mph)

DNSarnia

Flat out ... got clocked at 131 mph (Bike was 'steady as a rock!')
Like I said Life begins at 200 km/hr. With recovery from back surgery not going as well as I had hoped... this week will be my first ride in over 18 months (October 2018 last ride).... The bike started up without so much as a jump thanks to the Shorai Lithium Ion battery - even old gas. It was a chore to get back on the bike from putting the leg over to being able to flick up the kickstand. All the boxes checked so first really nice day will be my first flight.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Like I said Life begins at 200 km/hr. With recovery from back surgery not going as well as I had hoped... this week will be my first ride in over 18 months (October 2018 last ride).... The bike started up without so much as a jump thanks to the Shorai Lithium Ion battery - even old gas. It was a chore to get back on the bike from putting the leg over to being able to flick up the kickstand. All the boxes checked so first really nice day will be my first flight.
Congrats. Keep us posted as to your new adventures begin.

Fregeau

Hi, I'm going easily (very easyly) to cruising speed of 120 km/h on hyway in Québec (Canada) with no technical problem whatsoever. In fact, my dino went up to 140 km/h before I even knew it and now, I have to force myself to look at the speedometre more often to drive carefully, closer to the legal limit of 100 km/h (but the police will usually tolerate up to 120 km/h in dry conditions). So, don't be afraid to use your dino to go to work, it is always a very pleasant drive and so much comfortable compare to most other bikes I had before. Enjoy !