Honda Navi (GPS)

nyparrothead

Hi all

I am considering ordering the EU Navi setup for my wife's DN01 but since they are not sold in the US, I have never seen one installed. Has anyone seen this?

Mark

tlyons

Hi all

I am considering ordering the EU Navi setup for my wife's DN01 but since they are not sold in the US, I have never seen one installed. Has anyone seen this?

Mark
I mount my smart phone on the handlebar with a USB charger run from the fuse panel. I always have the phone with me anyway and Sygic is pretty much the same as a dedicated GPS and Google maps is excellent for traffic. The aesthetics are not as nice but then it is quite a bit more functional than a dedicated GPS.

I used an Arkon gps032 waterproof case with a Ram Ez Strap.

bhamrider

I like your idea. I use an Iphone with great GPS and weather radar apps. I need to mount it on the bike. After being lost in Atlanta for over an hour it's a must!
Can you tell me more re how you mounted and wired your smartphone

nyparrothead

i have done the GPS thing before on other bikes.. Problem is that the motion sensor on the iphone does not appreciate the constant vibrations and bumps you get from most mounts. It is also hard to see in direct sunlight

Mark