Increasing Horsepower?

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I have a question to ask: since I own a '09 DN-01 and a '11 NT700V, both with the same engine (680 cc), why is there a difference in horsepower? I mean the DN-01 claims to be about 50 hp but the NT700V is rated as 65 hp. Both shaft driven, the only difference is 6 speed auto vs 5 speed clutch/shift. What I am wondering IF the DN-01 can be re-mapped to put out more hp without damaging the tranny. My Dino gets about 50 mpg while the NT700V gets about 10+ mpg MORE! Same roads, same riding style. Any thoughts or does anyone have some info about it. Thanks

Last edited:

tlyons

I have a question to ask: since I own a '09 DN-01 and a '11 NT700V, both with the same engine (680 cc), why is there a difference in horsepower? I mean the DN-01 claims to be about 50 hp but the NT700V is rated as 65 hp. Both shaft driven, the only difference is 6 speed auto vs 5 speed clutch/shift. What I am wondering IF the DN-01 can be re-mapped to put out more hp without damaging the tranny. My Dino gets about 50 mpg while the NT700V gets about 10+ mpg MORE! Same roads, same riding style. Any thoughts or does anyone have some info about it. Thanks
Motorcycle News DN-01 dyno: 51BHP, 51MPG
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/honda/dn-01/2008/

Motorcycle News NT700V dyno: 53BHP, 46MPG
http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/model_eval/2010MarNT700V.pdf

The numbers vary around quite a bit for the Dino and the motor is rated differently in differently countries. I have no experience with the NT700V but the DN-01 MPG varies a lot. Even selecting sport mode but not riding particularly differently drops me from ~48MPG to ~40MPG.

xaneti

Dn01 in Europe claims to be 62 hp. I guess it have same horsepower for all markets, not?

My bike won some horsepower doing some modifications. Replacing muffler for another much more opened , removing catalyst, brisk sparkplugs and Oxygen o2 sensor eliminator. Now i have better response and more accelaration. In a few days i will mount a performance box for IAT sensor. I will explain how it works.

Last edited: