Love my DN, almost as much as my BMW.

kimmikaze

Hi - Kim in Canberra, Australia. Bought my DN 01 last year after test riding a CTX 700 - spotted a DN on the dealer floor, and test rode that too. I also own a BMW F700gs and was after a winter, touring bike. I rode the DN and thought .... This is the bike I was meant to have for touring!!! The price at the dealer was a rip off and I purchased one privately not long after with a full set of Givi storage, Givi screen and a Corbin heated seat.

Love with this beastie ( Greg, named after the Shark) and happy to have joined the realms of those who love innovation and ahead of its time tech.

djy1967

Hi - Kim in Canberra, Australia. Bought my DN 01 last year after test riding a CTX 700 - spotted a DN on the dealer floor, and test rode that too. I also own a BMW F700gs and was after a winter, touring bike. I rode the DN and thought .... This is the bike I was meant to have for touring!!! The price at the dealer was a rip off and I purchased one privately not long after with a full set of Givi storage, Givi screen and a Corbin heated seat.

Love with this beastie ( Greg, named after the Shark) and happy to have joined the realms of those who love innovation and ahead of its time tech.
good on you I just picked one up in Sydney for my wife and she loves it, that said I kind of like it also, but as you are at the moment where you are it's a bit cool here in Wodonga vic. Any way enjoy

kimmikaze

The CTX was a nice ride but the price was prohibitive for the bike as standard. No heated grips or storage. Spent some time waving my left foot around in the air (muscle memory issue) but I'm sure I could have gotten used to it. Dealer didn't seem too interested, so I left with my money. Partner is picking up a CTX1300 in July - he enjoyed that one but I have very little foot on it.

dndom

Kim

Thanks for that, now I've adapted my DN for all weather tourlng I'd only swop it for an 800 TMAX if they ever make one.

zebra03

Nice to have you here . Not a lot of activity here but everyone is very nice.

The CTX was a nice ride but the price was prohibitive for the bike as standard. No heated grips or storage. Spent some time waving my left foot around in the air (muscle memory issue) but I'm sure I could have gotten used to it. Dealer didn't seem too interested, so I left with my money. Partner is picking up a CTX1300 in July - he enjoyed that one but I have very little foot on it.
I sat on a CTX1300 and could not believe how wide the seat was . Even with the low seat height , I could not get my feet flat on the ground .