Magical Racing Windshield

Stove Pipe

Got a shipping notice and tracking number yesterday that our Magical Racing DN-01 Windshield was shipped on 9-21-11 from Moto-JP. Anyone know how long it usually takes to receive a W/S from them, once shipped?

Stove Pipe

About to answer my own question

About to answer my own question. Although, this will be good information for the next person that orders a Magical Racing Windshield.

From time of order it took two weeks to build then was shipped 9-21-11 from Japan, arrived Little Rock 9-24-11. Should get it Monday to our home? Will be a total of 3 weeks once we receive it, order to delivery.

Stove Pipe

Received Magical Racing Windshield

From time of order it took two weeks to build then was shipped 9-21-11 from Japan, arrived at our Post Office today 9-26-11. Well, that's amazing!! I don't get mail from California that fast. Sometime, even in state!!!

Redn01

I have a liking for the MR screen..just how much difference has it made to her riding experience...wind blast reduction?

Thanks
James

Stove Pipe

Red

She says it made ALOT of difference. Although, we have a trip planned for Saturday that will give her about 80 to 100 miles (both ways) of I-40. That will be the test with the big trucks and such.

Stove Pipe

My wife (5' 4") got in a real test of the Magical Racing Windshield today 278 miles. About 65 miles of I-40 and the rest on the back roads and the real mountain twisties. On the Interstate it was fair at best, above 65 MPH it didn't provide needed wind protection especially with all the big trucks. On all the other ride it did really well.

joehzar

How difficult was the install

Hi I see you put the MR screen on your DN-01. I am a new DN-01 owner from Buffalo NY. I just got mine it is my first bile. I love it. The only problem is that I cant see my gauges, I am 6ft 2in. Was the screen easy to put on? did any instructions come with it.

Thanks
Joe

Riding my DN-01 and loving it!!!!

Stove Pipe

Hello Joe,
Good News on the New Bike!

No instructions with the Windshield. You have to remove the seats, both side plastics (tank) then the complete nose cap with the WS on it, as the WS attaches from the bottom side of the nose cap. I bought the service manual but made a deal with the dealer when we bought the bike they had to allow me to watch when they installed the Givi, that the wife didn't like and I later removed. It sort of like you have to go to L.A via Omaha???

I suggest you obtain the service manual and follow it or maybe ask your dealer about the plastic removals too. Sorry for not being more helpful, although if you were near, I would be more than happy to show you.

Stove Pipe

How does the laminar lip fit the shield.. From looking at the site, it was designed for the OEM shield

Mark
Hello Mark,

As you can see in the pictures I sent you, it doesn't leave a space for the air to flow under but the higher angle allowed the air to go high enough to clear the top of JoAnn's head without the under flow. The fit was just fine but I used 3M Double Stick Tape (the gray waterproof type) cut to 3/8" wide along the inside edges of the laminar lip where it touches the MR windshield. I also removed the velco that came on the lip, then installed a pair (1 each side) of the spare velcro disc supplied with the Lip just a touch closer to the opening outside the Double Stick Tape.