N/D switch

Cursuale

I turn the key and need to switch it to N to start( sometimes I need to switch the kill button) I get it into D starts up but after a second or two it stops and starts blinking again. Any suggestions?

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I turn the key and need to switch it to N to start( sometimes I need to switch the kill button) I get it into D starts up but after a second or two it stops and starts blinking again. Any suggestions?
The forum covers that ... YOU just need to read some of the suggestions 'that work' for your problem. LEARN to ALWAYS make sure that the bike in 'N' PRIOR to shutting it off!

Cursuale

Thanks. I just went through the forum before you posted and was able to start it. And also did a couple of errands and I started it no problem. Would electrical spray cleaner be of use or do you think that would open up a can of worms?

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Thanks. I just went through the forum before you posted and was able to start it. And also did a couple of errands and I started it no problem. Would electrical spray cleaner be of use or do you think that would open up a can of worms?
You take your chances using electrical spray cleaner. Don't believe the kill switch IS the problem. Sometimes the N/D switch is 'slow' in switching or the HFT oil level sensor gets 'flaky' because the bike's angle is too great. (Been there .... had to sit the bike upright for a few minutes for the bike to start). As the Dino ages, little 'tricks' have to be used ... it's the HFT! Ensure you are using a 'GOOD' technique when you turn your bike off ... ALWAYS make sure that the bike is in 'N' prior to using the key to turn her off! (Not the kickstand or the 'kill' switch ... people have been know to have problems using these methods)

Last edited: