Need help on the Honda-DN01! PLEASE.

RideHonda

Hello all,
It has been a pleasure to read all about the DN-01 information. I have one myself as well, great bike and great site. Thank you.
I have a question but always forgot to ask. I am currently experienced a click noise at every time I accelerated from a stop sign. Even when I was slowing down and re-accelerate very slowly, I heard a clicking noise. It seems like nearly every acceleration from 20-40 miles, there is a click noise. Has anyone experienced this noise issue? Please advise.

Thank you very much.

spamer80

As you wish. There is not so much "problem" bikes, but if you plan to service by dealer only, the extedned warranty may be helpful. And read the warranty notes carefully.

Stove Pipe

It seems that each time we bought one on a bike or vehicle, we either traded it or sold it prior to the warranty expiration.

Only once in our lifetime has an extended warranty ever been needed or collected upon and that was on a 67" DLP TV. Although, the DN-01 could be an expensive out of pocket repair if the DFT were to go bad. That's the gamble, I guess?

RideHonda

What does the ext warrenty consist of ?
The extended warranty consists of the following:

Coverage

Here's a quick inside look at just a few of the items covered by a Honda Protection Plan:

Fuel System
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fuel Injectors
Carburetors
Fuel Pump
Electrical
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Alternator
Regulator/Rectifier
Engine Control Module
Ignition Coils
Cooling System
Radiator
Water Pump
Thermostat
Cooling Fans
Engine
Transmission
Crankshaft
Cylinder Heads, Pistons, Camshafts, Cylinders
Brakes
Calipers
Reservoirs
Anti-lock Control Module

Exhaust
Muffler
Exhaust Pipe
Variable Exhaust Control
Chassis
Forks
Shocks
Swingarm
Frame

Excludes: Tires, batteries, audio equipment, accessories and expendable maintenance items, such as spark plugs, belts, filters and lubricants.

Last edited:

nyparrothead

Contact direct line parts or cycle giant online and save about 150.00. Buy durring one of their holiday sales and save another 10%. They have a dealer they work with and it is the same Hondacare warranty.

Mark

Thank you Spamer80. Should I buy the extended warranty for this DN-01? 4 years for $660 from Honda dealer.

RideHonda

Please read my thread, noise in final drive.
Mickwa
Thank you Mick, I've just read your post below. I appreciate it.

I began hearing a noise, click or thump, as i would roll on the throtle at low speed. 1500 mi on the bike. I took the Dino into my dealer to be checked.
They found excesive movment in the final drive. They said that it was way out of spec. they are going to replace the u-joint, and re shim the ring gear/drive line clearance. All parts are on back order.
This problem can be felt by jacking your rear wheel off the ground, and push, pulling your wheel around. If there is any play, you could have a problem.

Just a side note,it is not your driveline hooking up, as others have stated.
There is no play what so ever in a Honda shaft drive train if working properly.

If you have a click in your bike, I would get it looked at.
Mick

RideHonda

Contact direct line parts or cycle giant online and save about 150.00. Buy durring one of their holiday sales and save another 10%. They have a dealer they work with and it is the same Hondacare warranty.

Mark
Thank you Mark, I will give them a call. Whatever I can save is best for now.