New DN-01 in NC

scoot_over

Just got my new black DN-01 3 days ago and have wasted no time in getting acquainted with this wonderful bike. I have always wanted a DN-01 ever since I saw the pictures of the concept bike at the 2005 Tokyo Auto show. The styling of the bike is just superb. I also have a Honda Silver Wing which is my commuter. Previous scoots were a Honda Reflex and a Honda Spree.

My impression of the DN-01: I LOVE this bike! The ride is so smooth and the acceleration is plenty powerful. Great handling in the twisties, especially in auto sport mode. I even found the stock seat comfortable (a first!). For storage I added a Nelson Rigg tank bag and an Axio hard pack tail bag and applied some reflective wheel tape for better visibility at night. I also plan to get some Kuryakyn Iso-grips and a Magical Racing screen from Japan to replace the stock screen. While I can see the gauges fine, the wind is a bit much on the freeways (not to mention the bugs!).

billy papa

[lang=el]hello there, my friend, from Athens.
I also got my second hand bike, last week, and after the neccesary service,+alarm, is ready to ride with me.
the weather here is excellent, but the only problem is the TIME we do not have, because of work.
I wish a lot lot of good and many klm (...or miles...)[/lang]

tilly

Hi Scoot - When I first got on the new DN, I noticed that the wind was more than I could take and immediately got on the net and found a wind screen at Sport Tourer made by Givi. Had it put on and the difference was great. Now I can ride and really enjoy it.

RonJon

Hello Scoot. Grats on the bike!

The wind is probably my biggest complaint of the bike as well. I am on the fence between the Givi and the Magical Racing Screen. Have you installed your Magical Racing screen yet? If so, could you provide us with your thoughts/review of it? Is there any noticable differences in wind protection?

Does anyone have experience with these screen or have any pictures they could provide?

Stove Pipe

Hello Scoot. Grats on the bike!

The wind is probably my biggest complaint of the bike as well. I am on the fence between the Givi and the Magical Racing Screen. Have you installed your Magical Racing screen yet? If so, could you provide us with your thoughts/review of it? Is there any noticable differences in wind protection?

Does anyone have experience with these screen or have any pictures they could provide?
RonJon
I first had the Givi installed onto the wife's DN-01. I got it home and she could not look through it at her height 5' 4" without almost getting dizzy. With the curvy shape it is quite distorted. I installed the Magical Racing and she is very happy with it now. I am 6' 5" and the Givi would have been my choice if that where my bike, since I was looking over it. Although, both are better than the OEM!! Hope this helps!