New Jersey boy

Slava777

Hi,
Signed up for this forum well before delivery of my DN-01 bike and that is why I didn't introduce myself earlier. Finally it's home all over from Tennessee. Due to great weather in NY area, I've already put 350 miles prior to store it for the winter. Absolutely love the bike. Unfortunately, not so many of them in my area.
Best of luck to all riders. Stay in touch.
Slava.

JG122

hello, what part of NJ ?

I'm near Hoboken, and have been planning to get one for a while...

did you get yours from a dealer, or private seller ?

Quasi Moto

Hello from a former Jersey Guy, Good luck finding a reasonably priced used one.
I looked for almost a year and all I could find were used bikes for 2-5 Thousand more than a new one. Go figure. E-Bay Buy It Now is $8,500 or so plus Tax and $300-$500 in Dealer Fees so thats like $9,500 for a new one. Careful on those old Cobble Stone Hoboken streets, no traction when wet. A Dealer in NYC, NY has one. I'm sure if you go in with $8,000-$8,500 you'll be out the door riding a new DN-01. Everything is negotiable.
Good Luck, Quasi Moto.

Last edited:

Quasi Moto

Hi,
Signed up for this forum well before delivery of my DN-01 bike and that is why I didn't introduce myself earlier. Unfortunately, not so many of them in my area.
Slava.
I joined in April, and just bought my DN-01 on Nov-1 AKA 11-1-11.
My local Stealer says they only sold 1 DN-01 in an area of about 150,000 residents. Thank goodness for this forum, Quasi Moto.

Stove Pipe

Was at Sunrise Honda Tuesday afternoon, they had one left (Red) and said it was $8,499 out the door. The owner said they had sold over 30 total and this was their very last one.

Slava777

I got mine used, 4500 Ml, from dealer in Tennessee. I paid $4999 out of the door. I found this deal on Cycletrader.com. Bike was local trade in and in excellent condition.

Slava777

NJ Cherry Hill Honda dealer has few red bikes. You can find them on Ebay. I went there to sit and fill the bike

JG122

Slava,

I was seriously considering buying that one in TN, but I thought that low price meant there was something wrong with it !

glad to hear you got a great deal :)

the guys in Cherry Hill are pricks...

I may take a ride into Long Island to look at theirs, but they only have red

Stove Pipe

Glad we bought when we did! Looks like the supply is getting limited now....which means the prices could go up?

JG122

interesting, no dealer I've ever gone to here in NJ has allowed test rides...

as for the prices, I don't expect them to go up -- for new models @ a dealership, but they might not go down either.

for pre-owned ones, the prices ought to continue falling slowly (especially if other automatic transmission motorcycles hit the market)

Stove Pipe

interesting, no dealer I've ever gone to here in NJ has allowed test rides...

as for the prices, I don't expect them to go up -- for new models @ a dealership, but they might not go down either.

for pre-owned ones, the prices ought to continue falling slowly (especially if other automatic transmission motorcycles hit the market)
Never seen a dealer that would not allow a test run. What do you do, pay them then ride? What if you were totally against the way something handles?

I don't guess I would ever buy from a Dealer like that, since if I can't test drive a vehicle, test ride a bike or even take a flight around the field with a plane, then they cannot sell me anything. ZERO!!!

zebra03

The Honda dealer I went to had about 10 different bikes sitting outside waiting for riders . I shoild have tried the Goldwing . I went looking for a Silverwing , but as soon as I took off on the DN-01 , the checkbook started to sweat .