New member welcome thread..

Admin

Founder
Staff member
Alot of new members join and dont introduce themselves so Ive added this thread for all to introduce yourself....

Ill go first...

Hi all I am From Langley BC Canada. I started this site due to a lack of sites dedicated to the DN-01.... It doesnt matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go.... The world disappears... I am an Engineer and currently work rebuilding crash damaged helicopters and general Helicopter maintenance..... Okay nuff about me... Who is next....

Dennis

Admin

Founder
Staff member
Welcome to the Site!!

Welcome to the Honda DN-01 International Online Community.

The site went Live 04-March 2008. We are still adding things and content to the site but everything is working so welcome. We are glad you found us..

Dennis:)

Beast

Hello Dennis.
I have just recently read a report about this "new concept" in biking, and I find the bike to be of some interest to me.
In fact if it delivers (time will tell) I should imagine that it will appeal to a good many bikers who are after an easier life on the ever congested roads.

I am a Long time member of the hondavfrclub.org (bikersoracle.com as we are now called)

We now live in Valencia - Spain & I believe this bike will be ideally suited to our roads.

Brian

billclemen

RedFlash here in SoCal

Just took delivery of my 2009 DN-01 yesterday (11/20/10) barely in time for the SoCal monsoon season. Can't wait for some blue sky and my first trip. Been riding motorcycles since 1969.

billy papa

[langtitle=el]will buy it...maybe tomorrrrow...[/langtitle]

[lang=el]maybe I will have a dn-01, mod.2009 by next day.
first step, medical exams,on bike, to see if all ok:p
then, money, insurance, and ride.....
I will let you know.
billy , athens, greece.....[/lang]

ok, hello everybody.....I got the bike, after 2-3 hours will get it from full service, hope to have many many klm of good riding.

for people in Nothern Europe or other continent, friends, let me inform you that here we ride 12 months every year, except 3-5 days, with snow or heavy rainfall.......best regars for everybody in this forum, from Athens...

Last edited:

realduff

Counting the days!

Just added it up... 37 years riding.
About 5 years ago a a frosty morning took the wheels and my hip right out.
Not to be put off I managed on a Silverwing for a few years. This summer, after losing 100 lbs and some gritting of teeth, I was able to swing my leg over the DN-01. Thank God for the low seat height.
I live in Edmonton, great summers, long cold winters.
I have a count down going for March 15th. (the aydes of March). This is my tradition first ride date. Was able to ride for 2 day after Rememberance Day. So, a good year.

russcarver

Hi Everyone!

Just got my new DN-01 last night. $8995 (including a service manual, Givi monokey top E55 TECH topbox (plus mounting), Givi monokey V35 side boxes (plus mounting), Givi D316S windshield (plus mounting), service manual). Still waiting for all the parts to come in. Also purchased the three years of extended warranty (for my piece of mind) and 1st three services at a discount. I think I am going to get a clearbra around the key area (to prevent scratches) too. I upgraded from a 2005 Honda Silverwing scooter

First impressions:
1) After reading the manual, I can't believe how much has to be taken apart to access anything! Wow!
2) Zero storage space (hence the Givi stuff above).
3) Rode home 20 miles on the interstate last night at 60-80 mph. It's unbelievable how hard I had to hang on with the wind right in my chest. Also, wind was blasting my face through my full face helmet (with all vents closed!). Definitely can't wait till the bigger windscreen arrives.
4) It sure looks sexy (I have black but wish I could have found the amethyst!)
5) Very throaty sounding compared to a scooter (better acceleration too!).
6) Speedometer is spot on (for now).
7) Both lights are not on unless you have brights on and from a 2-3 second distance (with brights on) it looks like one VERY bright headlight to the person in front of you.
8) The S (sport) mode just seems to use higher RPMs (probably a waste of gas in most situations).

I plan on doing as much of my own service as I can once my prepaid services are over. If it's not already done here, I may start a pictorial of the various services as I do them. I've seen them on other forums and they are invaluable.

--Russ

billy papa

[lang=el]hello my friend. excellent price, just seems difficult to believe.........really ,for a NEW bike???????? with all that stuff on it??
let me give you some news, I live in Athens, in a small country called Greece, S-E Europe, and the price for a new dn01 from official honda dealer, in now 11300 euro, that is EURO, and if you want can find a new dn01 from other dealer, not hond inport, for 10500 euro, ofcourse with no extra stuff.....excellent buy, but have in your mind not to sell it for at least 2 years,,,and also, this model is not so easy to sell, anyway I wish to you a lot of klm ,or ml, and safe ride...[/lang]

DNSarnia

April Fools.....

Just added it up... 37 years riding.
...................I have a count down going for March 15th. (the ides of March). This is my tradition first ride date. Was able to ride for 2 day after Rememberance Day. So, a good year.
We have had one of the longest winters here in Southern Ontario. April Fools day has always been my 'official' start date to the motorcycle season, but still, today, 0 degree morning, and I'm still unsure of the weather. Hopped into the car - yet again.

L

Liraninc

Hello All, Liking my DN 01

Hello All,

New to the DN 01, bought a 2009 with 151 Miles, Black.

Not many things available for the DN 01, they side reference the NS700A for some stuff...

I have a GIVI windshield, seems to need more air from the front opening...

I find this bike fits my handicap, meaning my left side sometimes doesn't function well, hand & leg.

Looking for Cruise Control, Tank Bag, oredered the GIVI E450 & Rack for the Dino..

Hopefully this site will help.

Thanks,
Randy

anubis

Hi, Im a newbie, glad to be part of a community of like-minded individuals

Hi all,

I'm from the U.K, please dont judge me. I recently bought a DN-01 as my Yamaha FJR1300 was proving too much of a shackle regarding weight / seat height & the DN-01 was my second joice when changing my bike anyway.

Its great that we have this international exchange of appreciation of hardware & technology & expertise relatiing to the DN-01 and comraderie, to prevent being rippped off by OEM prices. I salute the founding father of 'DN-01.NET'
Thank You.

Best Regards,

James

anubis

Hi, Im a newbie, glad to be part of a community of like-minded individuals

Hi all,

I'm from the U.K, please dont judge me. I recently bought a DN-01 as my Yamaha FJR1300 was proving too much of a shackle regarding weight / seat height & the DN-01 was my second joice when changing my bike anyway.

Its great that we have this international exchange of appreciation of hardware & technology & expertise relatiing to the DN-01 and comraderie, to prevent being rippped off by OEM prices. I salute the founding father of 'DN-01.NET'
Thank You.

Best Regards,

James

xaneti

Hello everyone!!

I´m from Barcelona, Spain. I´m 37. I had a lot of bikes in my live, almost Suzuki. But the last one it was a BMW F800ST. Great bike, but Dn01 hypnotized me when more or less for years ago test it one in a "Honda Days" here in my town. I have now a secondhand DN01 ´08 with 30000kms. I finally found the perfect bike. Maybe I miss 20hp... Maybe I miss less fuel consumption. But it´s a spectacular bike...

Actually i´m in another forum dedicated to our bike in Spain. I will try to share experiences between this forum and forum from Spain. Sure that we will learn about it.

See you" :D

Last edited:

Gundam

Hi, I'm new here, just jump in... being sitting on the fence for quite some time now...

I'm from Singapore, actually riding the DN-01 for 4+ years now, great bike... looking forward to keeping it for a long time... the total number of DN-01s in our country can be counted on one hand... which means support for this bike is hard to come by...

A little bit about myself, I work in a University as a CNC Technician, using CNC machines to manufacture prototypes for research work.

Given the place where I stay, it is unlikely I will meet any of you in my life time but hope to share tips and knowledge about this bike...

6steve

Hello everyone
Sitting here in Old crow Yukon it is -34c thinking about the summer internet surfing and found a dn with 5000km on it for a good price alway's wanted one but didn't want to spend 17,000.Will be flying down to Edmonton in june to ride it back to Whitehorse.I will do the dusk to dawson and carry on over to valdez Alaska on the top of the world highway with my brother.Thinking these thoughts keeps me from loosing it up here.Fly in community, prohibition, one store,think of me while your having a beer.

Last edited:

Redn01

Great introduction Steve, good on you for getting a DN and at such a good price too.
James

Well I live in Canberra Australia, I've had my DN since 2009, came back to riding after 30 years and landed on a DN...couldn't go past purchasing it at the time. Love it. I own a small commercial cleaning business here it's pretty busy and I so I find it difficult to get out as much as I would like.

L

Liraninc

I should be in spain this fall, and without my Dino.....
Would like to catch up if possible.

DeeWhyDN

Hello from Australia

g'day everyone!
I just bought a beautiful 2008, Black DN-01 with less than 4000Kms. Bike is so smooth I sometimes forget I am on a motorbike and need to remind myself to put the legs down when stopping!
Would love to hear any tips to ensure I give the bike all the love and attention it needs….. I am not too good on the mechanics! (happy to say goodbye to the clutch and hence no more stalling!! haha)
I am located in Dee Why (Sydney) and have not yet seen another DN-01 out there!!
Cheers,
DeeWhyDN (Paul)

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I seem to have forgotten to intro myself. Hi, my name is Al (Gizmo) and I love to "tinker" with things. My background is electro-mechanical ... started out with my dad who had a tv repair/sales store. I was notorious for sticking my fingers in the back of the "old" tube tvs and getting the sh** knocked out of me when I was little. I learned to respect electricity ... that it's your friend (NOT!) Joined and retired from the Navy ... expanding my "experience" with the electrical and mechanical world. Started "late" in life riding bikes (late 20s) IF I can remember back that long ago. I do NOT like "big" bikes, since I ride solo only, just seems to be a waste having a 1000+ cc engine under my butt! I have had my share of HDs ... only because of the name (everyone else had one). Sport cruisers are more my thing, never had or will have a "crotch rocket," so to speak, too old for my body to "contort" to the ride and would have probably maimed or killed myself by now if I had! Always clothed from head to toe: helmet, jacket, gloves, the whole sha-bang, even in the Florida heat! (BAD experiences in the past) I have had my share of bumps and bruises over the years. Looking forward to many more enjoyable rides in the future.