New owner from Cambridge, Ontario!

jlee_toronto

Admittedly this purchase is for my wife, but I'm very impressed!

She loves her little Piaggio Fly 150 scooter, but can't keep up with my older bike or friend's newer ride (Shadow Phantom). Since she's a newer rider, it was easier for her to use an automatic, then a regular transmission. So moving up from the scooter to this was a no-brainer. Initially was hoping to pick up a CTX700 DCT, only to discover they are not sold in Canada, nor are parts or warranties honored here, if one was to be imported from south of the border.

Our choices were either the can-am's, big scooters like the burgman or tmax, or the Aprillia Mana.

She hates the look of the 3 wheelers
We talked her out of buying another scooter
And unfortunately as appealing as the Mana is, it's simply too tall for her.

When I learned about the DN-01 by pure accident, I was intrigued. There was some talk from the dealers about waiting until the end of the season for the new Nm4 to arrive, but this fit the budget and wasn't quite so out of this world in styling.

Went for a test ride last Saturday and was completely blown away!
What a smooth ride!
Deceptively quick without the feel of each gear kicking in!
Of course this is comparatively speaking to my old Vtwin rat-bike.

We pick it up on Saturday, and I've already warned my wife I may be borrowing it to see what the ride is like in traffic, lol!

Curious what she's going to say about the wind levels with the small windshield.
I'm not sure if i just had it on my mind after reading all the reviews and critques of the bike. I'm used to it on my bike at high speeds for prolonged periods of time, whereas she simply didn't go that fast on the scooter other then for brief spurts.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Admittedly this purchase is for my wife, but I'm very impressed!

She loves her little Piaggio Fly 150 scooter, but can't keep up with my older bike or friend's newer ride (Shadow Phantom). Since she's a newer rider, it was easier for her to use an automatic, then a regular transmission. So moving up from the scooter to this was a no-brainer. Initially was hoping to pick up a CTX700 DCT, only to discover they are not sold in Canada, nor are parts or warranties honored here, if one was to be imported from south of the border.

Our choices were either the can-am's, big scooters like the burgman or tmax, or the Aprillia Mana.

She hates the look of the 3 wheelers
We talked her out of buying another scooter
And unfortunately as appealing as the Mana is, it's simply too tall for her.

When I learned about the DN-01 by pure accident, I was intrigued. There was some talk from the dealers about waiting until the end of the season for the new Nm4 to arrive, but this fit the budget and wasn't quite so out of this world in styling.

Went for a test ride last Saturday and was completely blown away!
What a smooth ride!
Deceptively quick without the feel of each gear kicking in!
Of course this is comparatively speaking to my old Vtwin rat-bike.

We pick it up on Saturday, and I've already warned my wife I may be borrowing it to see what the ride is like in traffic, lol!

Curious what she's going to say about the wind levels with the small windshield.
I'm not sure if i just had it on my mind after reading all the reviews and critques of the bike. I'm used to it on my bike at high speeds for prolonged periods of time, whereas she simply didn't go that fast on the scooter other then for brief spurts.

Get an aftermarket windshield ... it's a world of difference with the wind levels.

Maverick_aces

Aftermarket Windshield

James.

I just put my Dino on the road this week. I had read previous threads about the low windshield and opted to buy one really before I even knew if it would be a problem. I haven't gone very far yet, only about 50km. Half with the factory low windshield and about half with my new one. I opted to go with a Puig vs, the Givi. I like the look of it better than the big bubbly looking Givi.
From the starter key hold to the top of the OEM was 6.5". The Puig raised it to 14". Since your not that far away if you ever want to meet up and see it or feel the difference, lets set it up. I'd be glad to meet another Dino owner.
I live in Barrie so let me know if your interested. If you want a pic I can send it along also. Happy riding... your wives DINO!. lol:cool: