new windshield

nyparrothead

Hi All,

I am looking around at windshield options and I see Givi, Pugi, and the 450 import (not happening). and the add on system that madstad has.

everything I see has the gap at the bottom (except Madstad) as they were designed for the european models. Of the options I see I like the Pugi the best then the Givi. Pugi says they do not have a model available for the US version but the version with the gap is available, same with Givi.

For those that have used these, how did you deal with the gap?

I am intrigued with the Madstad but I am concerned about how the OEM shield will hold up with having the 4 mounting holes drilled into it. I use a Madstad setup on my vstrom and it is really nice being able to adjust the height and angle of the shield..

Any opinions?

Mark

Steve

I've got the Givi myself and I'm extrememly pleased with it. The gap left at the bottom by the missing city light is 3/8 to 1/2 inch deep at best. It seems to be just big enough to let a beneficial amount of air past the windshied so there's no buffeting of the windscreen like there would be without the gap to bleed the vaccum off.

Just my .02 cents

Stove Pipe

Mark & Steve

When we originally installed the Givi (later removed), I considered buying the European Light and installing it to fill the hole. Just a thought if you think the hole will be too much of a bug catcher?

dmellen

Madstad

Mark,
I have the robobrackets on mine and I love it!. No worries on the factory windsheild, it doesn't move at all