Noise in final drive

mickwa

I began hearing a noise, click or thump, as i would roll on the throtle at low speed. 1500 mi on the bike. I took the Dino into my dealer to be checked.
They found excesive movment in the final drive. They said that it was way out of spec. they are going to replace the u-joint, and re shim the ring gear/drive line clearance. All parts are on back order.
This problem can be felt by jacking your rear wheel off the ground, and push, pulling your wheel around. If there is any play, you could have a problem.

Just a side note,it is not your driveline hooking up, as others have stated.
There is no play what so ever in a Honda shaft drive train if working properly.

If you have a click in your bike, I would get it looked at.
Mick

tlyons

I began hearing a noise, click or thump, as i would roll on the throtle at low speed. 1500 mi on the bike. I took the Dino into my dealer to be checked.
They found excesive movment in the final drive. They said that it was way out of spec. they are going to replace the u-joint, and re shim the ring gear/drive line clearance. All parts are on back order.
This problem can be felt by jacking your rear wheel off the ground, and push, pulling your wheel around. If there is any play, you could have a problem.

Just a side note,it is not your driveline hooking up, as others have stated.
There is no play what so ever in a Honda shaft drive train if working properly.

If you have a click in your bike, I would get it looked at.
Mick
I'm getting the same thing. Clearly not the drive train hookup, which I also had. The clunk also happens when I roll back on the throttle at higher speeds.

So much for the bullet proof Honda drive train at only 5k miles.