Noise in transmission

mickwa

I have a noise in my transmission it's the cross shaft between the end of the transmission output over across the back of the engine to the driveshaft .it goes back to the final drive it's a clicking sound that you only hear as you roll the gas on from a stop .I was wondering if any of the rest of you have this noise.

Mick

spamer80

You're not the first, read the "Mechanical Help" forum. Seems to be normal, just the clutch engage. In any case, still no reports about faults from guys who heard this.

tlyons

I have a noise in my transmission it's the cross shaft between the end of the transmission output over across the back of the engine to the driveshaft .it goes back to the final drive it's a clicking sound that you only hear as you roll the gas on from a stop .I was wondering if any of the rest of you have this noise.

Mick
Mine seems to have gotten a bit more pronounced over time, starting at around 1000 miles. At 7500 miles, it is there but otherwise seems to be affecting nothing.

Last edited:

mickwa

As I have said before the noise is not coming from the clutches in the transmission
,my bike has been apart and they have replaced the parts that were making the noise on that cross shaft is part of the dampening system for the drive since my bike has been apart it has returned after about 1000 miles so and Honda does not seem to think that it's a drivability issue which really isn't so they don't want to have to change it right now.
Mick

new dn mama

noise?

yeh hi,i was hearing a clack ,click- click round 15k miles, I was thinkin maybe valve adjust,mechanic did a minor adjust,sounds better,really only hear it from a dead start to,around 20-25mph then seems to go away .am gettin ready for the 20k check up,see what they say then,am enjoyin the sunny, sometimes chilly rides,got the vest an gloves on med.,lookin forward to spring,ride on!