Rear shock adjustment

nyparrothead

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to adjust your rear shock? If so, what tool did you use... I have tried a standard shock spanner and it just slips right off

Mark

bhamrider

I had the same problem with a a spanner wrench. I used a pair of adjustable pliers, aka channel locks and wraped them with electrical tape. Crude but no damage. It helps if you take the weight of the rear wheel.

spamer80

I have the OEM toolset for DN-01, but still it's so damn stuck, I need to unload the rear wheel to turn it.

bhamrider

I use a motorcycle jack that lifts the bike off the ground. You need a big strong dude or a skyhook to lift it. If your spanner wrench fits, try using a pipe for a cheeter bar.

Y2c

I've heard that once to get to be able to adjust it, it is really damn hard to readjust it bacouse it is so tight.

spamer80

Attachments

Last edited:

nyparrothead

I bought the bike new for my wife and there was no spanner in the kit... It is not included in the part listing for us sold bikes either

Mark

Last edited:

spamer80

Yes, I saw the US toolset, and it looks a bit small compare to the EU one. Bad news to you, sorry. I don't know why so much tools missing in the US set.

nyparrothead

I finally got some news from mother Honda.... After a week of research they gave me the following part number for the spanner to adjust the rear preload. 89201-KA4-811

Mark

nyparrothead

Well I ordered the part that mother Honda said I needed to adjust the preload on my wife's DN01.... Took it home and out of the pkg and tried to use it and it slips right off, still the wrong one. Dealer will not take it back as it is a tool that is out of the package so I am out 30.00 and no closer to adjusting the rear suspension.

I called Honda back and all I got was we will talk to our engineers......

Mark

spamer80

I must say, there is 2! spanners in EU OEM kit and they both fit, but I think they need to be used in different preload positions. If you wish, I can take a photos of them.

tlyons

I must say, there is 2! spanners in EU OEM kit and they both fit, but I think they need to be used in different preload positions. If you wish, I can take a photos of them.
Could you take a photo next to a ruler to show the size? I would prefer to buy a $7 generic if I can get the size right.

Thanks.