Stop light not working

Hatamata

Hi everyone
My DN feel down on it's right side while parked. Since then the break light stopped working from both front and rear breaks. I checked the turn/stop fuse and it is fine and turn signals are working fine.
Any idea what else to check?

Appreciate your help.

nyparrothead

Hi,

You may want to pull the taillight connector and check for voltage and a good connection... It is not that hard to get to, just pull the seat and 6-8 screws to remove the tupperware

Mark

Hatamata

Thanks Mark.
After further inspection, I found out that my problem is the opposite of what I thought, it is that the stop light is always on, and it seems the problem is from the rear break switch, that is why disconnecting the front break switch's connectors and shorting them together did not change the status of the break light. I found this out when I removed the turn signal / stoplight fuse.
Now I need some time off work to disassemble the fiber on the side to check the switch.

Hatamata

It turned out to be that when the bike fell, the rear brake pedal was bent a bit, this added small tension to the lever pulling the rear break switch.
I fixed it. but I really hate the fiber work un-installing and reinstalling.