Stuck in D mode

Gizmo

Site Suporter
What was done before the bike was 'stuck in D mode?' Did you just turn the key and it was in D mode already? Something had to have happened to cause the bike to be stuck in D mode. Did you follow the 'unspoken rule' of ALWAYS putting the bike in 'N' prior to turning the bike off? (As the Dino get older, it's a good rule to follow, the HFT gets 'flakey') Please get back with us and tell us what you have 'tried' to help fix your problem!

Carlos

Well i was riding normal and went for few places. Everthing was working fine till i didnt came to garage, i try to put in n mode and noting happen.. I turn of bike and try again but nothing change... Any ideas..

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Well i was riding normal and went for few places. Everthing was working fine till i didnt came to garage, i try to put in n mode and noting happen.. I turn of bike and try again but nothing change... Any ideas..
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting, might help reset the HFT. I had a similar problem, the N/D switch was acting 'flaky,' wouldn't go into 'N' from 'D.' (maybe the switch went bad or just hung up)

Freddy

The N/D switch on mine is sometimes slow to go into N - I usually need to hold it depressed for a few seconds.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
The N/D switch on mine is sometimes slow to go into N - I usually need to hold it depressed for a few seconds.
It's probably something ELSE that gets worn the many times we use it! (Like the HFT)

Carlos

Well guys, intresting situation.
So after my dn-01 stuck i d mode, i left it like that and had to travel. Today i come back. I turn the key and it is in n mode. Started normal end all day i was riding it normal. So???

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Well guys, intresting situation.
So after my dn-01 stuck i d mode, i left it like that and had to travel. Today i come back. I turn the key and it is in n mode. Started normal end all day i was riding it normal. So???
Good for you, just keep us posted!

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Nah, I reckon it's just the switch being a bit worn or sticky. The HFT works perfectly.
EXCEPT the few times many of us have learned to push the N/D selector in 'N' prior to turning the bike off, else we get the flashing '-' in the display, as the bike gets older! (tricks of the trade)

st hu

EXCEPT the few times many of us have learned to push the N/D selector in 'N' prior to turning the bike off, else we get the flashing '-' in the display, as the bike gets older! (tricks of the trade)
We just got our DN-01 late last year and have had the flashing "-" a couple of times now which prevented the bike from starting. So, the trick to avoid this is to put the bike in "N" prior to shutting the bike off??? Any other tricks I need to be aware of? Thanks!

Freddy

If the bike is parked on a slope the HFT oil level sensor can possibly detect a low oil level, causing the same issue. Move the bike to level ground if that happens.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
We just got our DN-01 late last year and have had the flashing "-" a couple of times now which prevented the bike from starting. So, the trick to avoid this is to put the bike in "N" prior to shutting the bike off??? Any other tricks I need to be aware of? Thanks!
Yes, It's a good habit to get into ESPECIALLY as the Dino ages. ALSO, do NOT use the kickstand OR the RED kill switch to shut the bike down. (I have heard some people have had problems IF they do) Use the key!