Tall riders?

Adam E

Hi all, i am looking at getting a dn-01 but am worried that being 6'1 i am going to be too tall. Lots of reviewers complain about back back and problems reading the clocks if over 5'8? The bike is 200 miles away so it would turn up in a van from the dealer so i don't have chance for a test ride.

Really need to decide its going to be the bike for me before make the deal.

Thanks for any advice :)

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Hi all, i am looking at getting a dn-01 but am worried that being 6'1 i am going to be too tall. Lots of reviewers complain about back back and problems reading the clocks if over 5'8? The bike is 200 miles away so it would turn up in a van from the dealer so i don't have chance for a test ride.

Really need to decide its going to be the bike for me before make the deal.

Thanks for any advice :)

I'm 5' 10" and have NO problem reading the display. That IS a good distance (200 miles) to travel, there has got to be some arrangement that you can make with the dealer IF it doesn't work out for you. Meet halfway, you DO need to test ride it before buying ... the bike IS unique and is NOT for everyone! I would hate for you to be disappointed and end "locked-in" in buying the bike.

whitehawk

I would recommend sitting on one first to give you an idea. It is a bike that is low to the ground (seat) and the instrument display does have a narrow window of view - you can't see the dials when standing next to the bike and you have to peer under the screen.
For me (5'7") it is fine - feet firmly on the ground making it easy to push myself backwards, and a clear view of the dials. The bike does feel small to me even though I am quite small, but I am used to a Pan European which is bigger in every way so that probably has a lot to do with it.
It's probably not pure height that could cause discomfort, it may be more where your height is - upper body or legs - that could make the difference.
Is there someone out there living not too far away that would allow you to at least sit on their bike? If you are in South or West Wales then you're welcome to visit me.

Adam E

Thanks guys, im in cumbria so out of the way really and ive been looking for one for around a year but never seen one up here to look at up close :(

Supremo7

Me myself, I'm 6'9 and I absolutely love my bike. I have no problems with looking at the console--with or without a helmet on. It's a nice comfortable ride. As mentioned before on this thread the seat height is low, which at first might sound bad for a tall guy like me, but it's the opposite. I've been on other bikes but I've never felt so safe and stable turning and going around corners. Also, the bike is great for my long legs because there are no clutch controls so I'm able to extend my legs on those big floorboards.

My first concern was back problems, but that is not an issue anymore since I got my Utopia backrest.

The only problem I'm having now is the wind smacking me in the head on the highway. I see givi has a new wind deflector that I will purchase and see how it works out. If I'm still too tall I'll just get a quieter helmet.

Please please please ride the bike first. Hopefully this helps in your decision.