Vibrations over 110km/h (70mph)

lumisko

Hello guys, i'm new owner of this bike. My bike vibrates over 110km/h. I don't see anything in mirrors (blurred) over this speed, oem windshield vibrates too. It's ok, or i have problem with something? I have 2008 eu model 20000km on odo. Timing chain tensioner was replaced 2 days ago.

Knob

Site Suporter
If the vibration appears only while moving, I would suspect the frame/wheels part first, not the engine. Engine vibrations should appear also while not driving, just revving on N.

Are the tyres in good shape, not any odd (asymmetrical) wearouts? Are the wheels balanced properly (especially the front wheel)? Tyres right size and installed as should? Does the vibration appear only on some certain type of pavement or under any conditions?

Third thing I was thinking may be front fork springs are worn. I exchanged the springs on my bike at 15k km to aftermarket stronger ones (german made Wilbers). Much better ride after that - no soft nose diving, less tending to wobble.

lumisko

if i revving on N, it´s smooth,

new tires metzeler me888 /of course balanced well/
rebuilded fork at 01/2022 /seals, bushings, oil.../
rebuilded brake calipers front/rear
new bearing in front wheel
oil service
new timing chain tensioner

vibration is only on throttle, if i let the throttle, vibration stops. i was thinking its worn spring on damper in side gear case.

Knob

Site Suporter
You should next determine if the vibration is related to the front end or back end. How about wheel bearings condition?
Also bad universal joint may cause sometimes vibrations (No. 3 on image).
u-joint.jpg

lumisko

It related to the back end, i feel it in seat. Also mirrors shaking. Wheel bearing is like new. I was thinking about universal joint too, i want inspect it today :)

Knob

Site Suporter
It related to the back end, i feel it in seat. Also mirrors shaking. Wheel bearing is like new. I was thinking about universal joint too, i want inspect it today :)
If you already get there, maybe it would be a thing to check also swingarm related bearings situation?