handle bar wobble

plod202

i changed my tyres to avon storm, they last realy well about 10k over two years to and from work, there is a slight wobble but after hearing about tyre pressures i rememberd that when i changed them the guy at the tyre garage had them at 36, i lowerd them to 33 and got the woble back, i'll now re-inflate to 36 see what happens

plod202

yes mine wobles between 29mph and 38mph looking into tyre pressures to see if that makes a difference

bhamrider

I have tried everything except tightening the steering stem. I just order a spanner socket on EBay for $48 dollars US. I'm going fix it, what ever it takes. I make some long trips, 200 to 750 miles and really don't feel good with the wheel wobble.

tlyons

I have tried everything except tightening the steering stem. I just order a spanner socket on EBay for $48 dollars US. I'm going fix it, what ever it takes. I make some long trips, 200 to 750 miles and really don't feel good with the wheel wobble.
Food for thought, but I can basically check my tire pressure by taking my hands off the bar.

But its quite different than others describe; I have never felt any wobble at any speed with my hands on the bar. After reading this thread quite some time ago, I was astonished at the low speed wobble (25-35MPH?) It was quite pronounced. But I had never noticed any wobble of any kind until the experiment. That's sounds different from what you are observing.

As a side note, I had a small tire pressure gauge in my saddle bag that I discovered was quite far off. For me, I believe that was a contributor to the problem.

Good Luck.