power commander

bhamrider

Yes, it is noticeable. The motor can get some air. I once hit 63 mpg on a mountain ride. I think that after I remove the cat i will get the 15 HP back. The engine is choked on the intake and the output side.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Yes, it is noticeable. The motor can get some air. I once hit 63 mpg on a mountain ride. I think that after I remove the cat i will get the 15 HP back. The engine is choked on the intake and the output side.

PLEASE keep us posted as to ANY HP gain with the removal!

3spd6

it was always my understanding the dn01 was throttled back horsepower wise because of the transmission not being able to handle the torque. and the newer bikes with the automatic transmission are lower horsepower for the most part and/or have a newer/different version ie, the DCT trans.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
it was always my understanding the dn01 was throttled back horsepower wise because of the transmission not being able to handle the torque. and the newer bikes with the automatic transmission are lower horsepower for the most part and/or have a newer/different version ie, the DCT trans.

It was my understanding that the tranny (automatic) originally came out of Honda's ATV family so I would think it was dealing with torque just not high speeds? Just my 2 cents.

bhamrider

I think the dn-01 was de-tuned and choked to meet California emission standards. They are the most strict probably in the world. Why would Honda make a different bike just for California? I've seen other bikes de-tuned for other reasons. BMW did it with the R1200C. The James Bond bike.