Where was your last ride?

zebra03

Hi folks,
Here's just a few photos from our travels this past fall up to now.

Whoops! I had posted too many photo links here to show up so here's a link to my Flickr photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/13012571@N07/sets/72157628897150345/
I'll leave the descriptions below.

Johnstown, PA about to take the bikes up the Incline Plane

Entrance to the newly opened Flight 93 memorial

Outside Falling Waters in PA (it rained most of this trip, so it was appropriate to stop at a place by this name)

Sukuta Girl's favorite motorcycle gear shop- the Iron Pony outside of Columbus, OH

Sunset outside of the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Aslyum, Weston, WV

Seneca Rocks, WV

Outer Banks, NC

Sukuta Girl and I posing outside Front Royal, VA for our annual Fall Colors photo (a bit late at this elevation)

Belated Christmas Card- We hope everybody had a great holiday!

1/1/12 Polar Bear Run- 1st ride of 2012- riding onto White's Ferry to cross the Potomac from VA to MD- great weather that morning- ended the ride home in rain riding down along a gusty storm front

Here's the ferry coming to pick us up. Unfortunately carrying another load of cages to clog up the roads in Virginia :(

1/7/12 Frederick, MD Lunch Ride looping thru Blair Witch country, Antietam Battlefield, Harpers Ferry, WV

We've had a mild winter so far and we're still out riding every weekend. Of course it helps to have heated gear!

Terran Sin
Chief Farkle Mechanic and Parking Valet for Sukuta Girl
That looks wonderful ! I was at falling waters about 20 years ago . I think I will go again on the bike this time .

zebra03

Well , I did get 2 of my bikes out Tuesday (1/31/12) . I have a Suzuki DR650 that I road about 40 miles just to charge the battery and rode the DN-o1 about 12 miles . What a blast and I can't wait until spring . Watch out for that loose gravel !

Stove Pipe

Zebra

Sounds like a fun way to charge batteries!

What a winter (?) we are having, but you are right about the sand on the road. Just about a 1/2 mile from the Airpark gate is a natural gas well pad and the trucks have been in and out alot lately and for almost 150 yards there is a massive amount of dirt residue on the pavement. You guessed it.... right in a long sweeping turn!! Although, we just got word they will be gone now until they start 3 new wells in late July. I guess that's just part of progress ($$$)?

zebra03

I'm taking my DN-01 to work tomorrow and then , A RIDE ! WOO - HOO ! I have ridden in Jan , Feb , and March in NorthWest Pennsylvania . whodathunkit ?

Last edited:

Stove Pipe

I thunk it sounds like a fun day! I see the smile from here!! The WX Man is calling for 83 degrees here today, maybe we will just have to slip out of the office too??

Pebbles

The weather has been amazing around. Between this weekend and yesterday (one of SukutaGirl's day's off) we logged just over 400 miles :D

Yesterday I left work early and we spent a very pleasurable 4 hours & 110 miles on the backroads. Lots of flowering trees: Magnolias, Cherry and Dogwood. Spring is banging down the door and the riding is great! 82 yesterday and 80 today; we're already wearing our summer mesh jackets!

Terran Sin
Valet and Chief Farkle Mechanic for Sukuta Girl

Stove Pipe

Our last ride was this afternoon. What a beautiful day with temps topping 83 degrees. Had to pull the jacket liners out!! Made a short 5 bike group ride just over 100 miles thru some of the twisties here in the Ozarks. Hondas where; DN-01, XR-650L, GL1500 Trike, GL1500 Bike & the only Non-Honda for today's ride, our friend and neighbor on his BMW Advantage. Great group of friends!!

Relieved just a touch of that Spring Tension!!!!!

zebra03

Rode 30 miles after work last night and put on 50 today . My DN-o1 is just amazing ! I still get looks for my bike , young and old alike .

Stove Pipe

Zebra,

JoAnn agrees...AMAZING! I truely enjoy watching her too, answering all the questions at EVERY motorcycle place we stop.

Stove Pipe

Had a wonderful 165 mile ride today with seeing the highest temp @ 77 degrees. Dropped by Sunrise Honda where both JoAnn & I picked up a new pair of gloves each, then had a late lunch @ Coltons. Plan to ride again tomorrow!!!

zebra03

Got in 85 miles today after work this morning . Stopped at the motorcycle testing center to pick up a motorcycle handbook for Mrs. Zebra and saw a guy fail his test . I felt bad for him . Ended up having supper at Ruby Tuesdays for crabcakes . YUM ! Then on to DQ then home . Whew , it was good to be back on the bike . Took my first bycycle ride yesterday and spent last night eating aspirin and drinking vinegar .

Stove Pipe

Saw over 80 degrees today and another 135 mile GREAT RIDE!

Stopped for lunch at the Timbo Dairy Bar. While there old friends in aviation here in Arkansas just came in the door to obtain directions, Russ & Mary Amos. They decided to visit a while that turned into nearly an hour! Russ is near a legend in Arkansas Aviation and Mary retired as Airport Manager at Batesville AR in 2010. As we visited, Russ told us he had bought him a Yamaha and was riding now. Prior to leaving, nothing doing until Russ got on the DN01 and ask a boat load of questions about it. My XR-650L (or my GL-1800 when I ride it) or Wendell's GL-1800 Trike are just like old furniture in the room compared to JoAnn's DN-01!!! I am sure alot of you run into the same thing, it's just amazing how much interest these bikes bring!

Pebbles

Cherry Blossoms and Spring Fever Ride in DC/NOVA

Sadly, SukutaGirl had to work Sunday afternoon. Happily, I was able to slip into DC and experience the cherry blossoms around the tidal basin :D

Unhappily, I pushed my luck, went too deep and suddenly found myself caught in the traffic wearing the winter jacket with all my vents closed and the heat quickly building up :eek:

I did get some nice photos of my bike, sorry- no DN-01 pics. And I met another couple on a Ducati 848 EVO who were also stuck in traffic.

But I endured the traffic and crowds to bring you a part of the DC Cherry Blossom experience

Of course SukutaGirl was a little put out that she missed a beautiful ride. The only way to make it up to her was to call out with "Spring Fever" on Tuesday, a normal day off for her and recreate the experience. The skies weren't as nice so no real photos of that trip except at the end when we stopped at a favorite Irish Pub in Great Falls after running the length of the GW Parkway from Mount Vernon to Georgetown Pike

After that we "meandered" around for a couple of hours until it was time to stop in at our local riding club's monthly meeting and dinner. We got home at 9pm, spending a great 1st day of Spring all day on the bikes, 185 miles.

Happy Spring Riding Everybody!

Terran Sin
Valet, Tour Guide and Chief Farkle Mechanic for Sukuta Girl

Last edited:

new dn mama

tulip time in wa.

hubbie and i went out for a leisurely 130 mi. ride yesterday,anybody in wa. knows of the skagit valley tulip fest and while it is spectacularly colorful,it was quite a traffic nitemare on a sunny sunday afternoon,anyway survived that[fan was workin pretty hard]then slipped onto hwy9 north which goes all the way to the canadian border,beautiful twists and turns,bald eagles,snow capped mountains.tail bone hurts just a ll ittle today,and i,m thinkin, i may install that utopia backrest i saw some guy do on a video,just for a little posture change,5300 mi on the od.now and lovin every one of them,ride on y,all and don,t forget about the oyster run in anacortes wa. late sept.hope to see another dn01

Stove Pipe

Went for those great burgers again a the Timbo Dairy Bar, but the high winds here in the Mountains put us to riding in the cage yesterday!!

zebra03

2 rides today !

1st one , my buddy came over with his dual sport ( Kawasaki KLX250 , Me , Suzuki DR650 ) and we put on over 60 miles . After that , took Mrs Zebra out for a 50 mile ride on the DN-01 and out for supper to a Tastee- Freeze .