Unknown undescribed problem

spamer80

Nope. Still the same blinking "-" continiously. Nothing changed at all. No error codes at third-partys scanner as well.

Last edited:

spamer80

What the hell! Is your Dino POSSESSED? I think you need to rename your beast: The Gremlin.
I`m starting to believe to that. My good friend wanted to sell his Sportster to me and because I had no money the only way was to sell her. Nobody called but she broke down after a few days I placed the ad. Now all changed, I can have both bikes but she looks still angry to me :)

spamer80

The scanner is here. BUT. Does anyone have the 2008+ software for it? It came only with from 2003 year. It does not know about DN-01 :(

Last edited:

spamer80

While I`m still searching for battery for my HDS, here is some short video with bike running with N/D solenoid manually locked using wire with switch directly from battery.
As you can see the bike is running smooth but with still "_" unknown error blinking. The max RPM is limited with 2500 by electronics fail-safe protocol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RX2uoBQ_2w

spamer80

Me 1:0 DN-01. I won.

Here is the TCM diagnostic results from my bike

and working DN-01 which I`ve found in my city.

Both are idle on sidestand.

You can compare and think, before I`ll make a big post, describing everything. These sheets shows the problem itself and contain almost the direct solution. Anyway, without Pocket Tester it could be almost impossible to imagine that problem was THERE. It was discontinued in 2013, but I personally think that it`s a must have tool for modern motorcycles.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Me 1:0 DN-01. I won.

Here is the TCM diagnostic results from my bike

and working DN-01 which I`ve found in my city.

Both are idle on sidestand.

You can compare and think, before I`ll make a big post, describing everything. These sheets shows the problem itself and contain almost the direct solution. Anyway, without Pocket Tester it could be almost impossible to imagine that problem was THERE. It was discontinued in 2013, but I personally think that it`s a must have tool for modern motorcycles.

Looking forward to the write-up ... it does make sense (NOW)!

spamer80

So? Noone?

Ok. To understand properly, we should return to how the our HFT works. And what HFT initialization is.

Here is the HFT. It has swash plate, which is tilting i.e. "switching gears" motor, which is doing the job and angle sensor, which tells the motor how it should move the swash plate.

During the first initialization process, the TCM asks the motor to tilt swash plate up and down, to see the maximum and minimum angle (1st and 6th "gear"). It should be detected by the swash plate angle sensor, because it is changing the voltage, while swash plate tilt.

So, the "gears" for our DN are shown in "v". For example, on second DN there is "swash plate low end value" which is 1.38v and "swash plate top end value", which is 3.92v

Ok, after HFT initialization finished, TCM stores this data in memory, until you try to do the HFT initialization again. This one onformation I`ve found ONLY from Pocket Tester help file, not from Service Manual. Why?

And here our story begins. I still don`t know what caused it, maybe some bad contact or something else, but my original TCM lost all data it should remember from initialization.

ECM found that and showed the "wtf is going on?!" error "_". And there is big a BUG in Honda software. It should not BLOCK HFT initialization, but it did.

So, I`ve bought the new TCM. Who knows, that it comes from factory completely CLEAN. Without any data stored. And before you ride you should do the HFT initialization first.
Voila. We have two TCM without any data and the blocked by error DN-01. Which actually should be not.

And for my DN-01 the right sequence should be like that: find the other DN-01, take TCM from it to mine, turn the key ON, allow ECM to find TCM with stored data, it will unblock the bike, turn the key OFF, replace TCM with one of mine and start the HFT initialization. If I do not start initialization and just turn the key ON, the bike will be blocked again and I should repeat.

That`s about all.

Last edited:

spamer80

Also, there is second DN-01 in Moscow was stuck with the same problem. The serviceman called me.
The source of problem was found. NEVER use the Healtech OBD tool HO-1 on DN-01. Or you`re going to search for another DN-01 owner to perform TCM initialization on his bike.