Unknown undescribed problem

Knob

Site Suporter
Hi,
was reading all this story from beginning. Sometimes life is a bit hard... Блин.

There seems some time passed from last posting but I see there actually is a nice explanation in Service Manual about how to re-calibrate the TCM, see pages 11-93...11-96. And fortunately no Honda Pocket Tester is needed for this, only a little piece of wire (or special SCS connector tool if you like to spend some money and time).

How I got to this? I used the above mentioned Healtech OBD tool on my DN... And cleaned couple of minor errors about FI from the ECM and didn't know it will delete also HFT angle sensor calibrations from the TCM, as there is nothing said about it in the OBD tool user manual nor producers site support section nor producers help line do not know a thing about this issue... (Now they know and they promised a new version of software to be available in the autumn of 2021 where these DN-things are also included).

But I got my bike on the run again just by reading the service manual and all the process took me about 15 minutes. Starting from panic to the victorious pressing of the D-button.

Enjoy, print it out and carry on your bike (with a piece of wire):

all.jpg

Babarci

Is the Helatech OBD tool safe to use for DN-01 engines? Can you find fault codes and clear them? Does HFT need to be restarted afterwards? Do I understand correctly? Thanks.

Babarci

Az oldalukról úgy tűnik, hogy nem csatlakozik a kerékpár diagnosztikai rendszeréhez, de többet tud, mint mi.

[/URL]
[/IDÉZET]
Nem csatlakozik? Nem ertem. A Healtech webhelye azt írja, hogy alkalmas a DN-01-hez. A kérdés az, hogy ez a termék minden érzékelőt lát? Az ECM és a TCM adatokat is tudja olvasni? És látod a HFT Swash Plate elektromotort és annak érzékelőjét? Sajnos a weboldal ezt nem írja. Ezért kérdeztem az előzőt.

Babarci

A válaszért lásd az 58. és 61. választ.
[/IDÉZET]
Az 58-as és a 61-es válaszok ellentmondanak egymásnak. Az elsőben nem ajánlod a használatot, a másikban pedig használtad és megoldja a problémát. Mi az igazság?

Freddy

From reply 61: I used the above mentioned Healtech OBD tool on my DN... And cleaned couple of minor errors about FI from the ECM and didn't know it will delete also HFT angle sensor calibrations from the TCM, as there is nothing said about it in the OBD tool user manual nor producers site support section nor producers help line do not know a thing about this issue.

From reply 58: NEVER use the Healtech OBD tool HO-1 on DN-01. Or you`re going to search for another DN-01 owner to perform TCM initialization on his bike.

See reply 56 for solution to his problem

Last edited:

Knob

Site Suporter
Is the Helatech OBD tool safe to use for DN-01 engines? Can you find fault codes and clear them? Does HFT need to be restarted afterwards? Do I understand correctly? Thanks.
The Healtec OBD will connect with DN-01 system also, as with many other Hondas with FI fuel system. I tried the Healtec OBD as I was thinking it is well developed tool as they advertise on their site. Final truth turned out to be somewhat different... While using the Healtec, it silently, without warnings, lead me into some unconvenient unexpected troubles. You can gather your own experience about it if you like troubles, it will not brake your bike's electronics, but I strongly encourage NOT to use the Healtec OBD on DN-01.

The Healtec OBD tool is not optimized for use on DN-01. DN-01 has the TCM (Transmission Control Module) other Honda bikes do not have, and Healtec OBD will erase calibration settings for TCM also while erasing error codes from FI system/ECM. You need to re-calibrate manually the HFT angle sensor to the TCM memory after using Healtec OBD. The Healtec OBD will not help you with it, you have to do it manually! Otherwise your bike just will not run any more. That is the reason why you should NOT use the Healtec OBD on DN-01. Even their own help desk guy did not know this issue.

Actually DN-01 has so good on-bike DTC error codes detecting and reading system you do not need any outer OBD tool at all. The bike itself will blink you error codes and you can get explanations for those in Service manual. For HFT error codes issues please look at Service Manual page 11-21 and on. DTC errror codes table starts from page 11-26.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
The Healtec OBD will connect with DN-01 system also, as with many other Hondas with FI fuel system. I tried the Healtec OBD as I was thinking it is well developed tool as they advertise on their site. Final truth turned out to be somewhat different... While using the Healtec, it silently, without warnings, lead me into some unconvenient unexpected troubles. You can gather your own experience about it if you like troubles, it will not brake your bike's electronics, but I strongly encourage NOT to use the Healtec OBD on DN-01.

The Healtec OBD tool is not optimized for use on DN-01. DN-01 has the TCM (Transmission Control Module) other Honda bikes do not have, and Healtec OBD will erase calibration settings for TCM also while erasing error codes from FI system/ECM. You need to re-calibrate manually the HFT angle sensor to the TCM memory after using Healtec OBD. The Healtec OBD will not help you with it, you have to do it manually! Otherwise your bike just will not run any more. That is the reason why you should NOT use the Healtec OBD on DN-01. Even their own help desk guy did not know this issue.

Actually DN-01 has so good on-bike DTC error codes detecting and reading system you do not need any outer OBD tool at all. The bike itself will blink you error codes and you can get explanations for those in Service manual. For HFT error codes issues please look at Service Manual page 11-21 and on. DTC errror codes table starts from page 11-26.
Thank you for this information

Babarci

A Healtec OBD is csatlakozik a DN-01 rendszerhez, mint sok más, FI üzemanyagrendszerrel rendelkező Hondához. Kipróbáltam a Healtec OBD-t, mivel azt gondoltam, hogy ez egy jól kidolgozott eszköz, ahogy hirdetik a webhelyükön. A végső igazság némileg másnak bizonyult... A Healtec használata közben csendben, figyelmeztetés nélkül, kellemetlen váratlan bajokba sodor. Saját tapasztalatokat gyűjthet róla, ha szereti a bajokat, nem fogja lefékezni a kerékpár elektronikáját, de erősen ajánlom, hogy NE használja a Healtec OBD-t a DN-01-en.

A Healtec OBD eszköz nincs DN-01-en való használatra optimalizálva. A DN-01 rendelkezik a TCM-mel (Transmission Control Module), amely más Honda kerékpárokkal nem rendelkezik, és a Healtec OBD törli a TCM kalibrációs beállításait is, miközben törli a hibakódokat az FI rendszerből/ECM-ből. A Healtec OBD használata után manuálisan újra kell kalibrálnia a HFT szögérzékelőt a TCM memóriába. A Healtec OBD nem segít rajta, manuálisan kell csinálni! Ellenkező esetben a kerékpárod nem fog tovább menni. Ez az oka annak, hogy NE használja a Healtec OBD-t a DN-01-en. Még a saját help desk-jük sem tudta ezt a problémát.

Valójában a DN-01 olyan jó kerékpáros hibakódok észlelő és kiolvasó rendszerrel rendelkezik, hogy egyáltalán nincs szükség külső OBD eszközre. A kerékpár maga villogtatja a hibakódokat, és ezekre magyarázatot kaphat a Szerviz kézikönyvben. A HFT hibakódokkal kapcsolatos problémákkal kapcsolatban tekintse meg a Szervizelési kézikönyv 11-21. oldalát és tovább. A DTC hibakódok táblázata a 11-26. oldalon kezdődik.
[/IDÉZET]
A probléma az lehet, hogy a szervizes barátom már Healtech OBD olvasóval próbálta kiolvasni a hibát, és utána a DN-01 nem is csatlakozott az OBD-hez. Nincs rövid vagy hosszú villogás, hanem csak a "-" jel villog egy ütemben. Ezért nem tudom mi a baj. Megpróbáltam manuálisan törölni a hibát, majd újra inicializálni a HFT váltót, de csak az 1-es és a 2-es szám villog, utána ismét a "-" villog. Ezért vagyok teljesen tanácstalan.

Freddy

The problem may be that my service friend was already trying to read the error with a Healtech OBD reader, and after that the DN-01 did not even connect to the OBD. There is no short or long blinking, but only the "-" signal flashing in one beat. That's why I don't know what's wrong. I tried to manually delete the error and then reinitialize the HFT shifter, but only the numbers 1 and 2 blink, after which the "-" flashes again. That's why I'm completely clueless.

Well, that explains it! See reply 15 for used TCM.

Babarci

A probléma az lehet, hogy a szervizes barátom már Healtech OBD olvasóval próbálta kiolvasni a hibát, és utána a DN-01 nem is csatlakozott az OBD-hez. Nincs rövid vagy hosszú villogás, csak egy ütemben villog a "-" jel. Ezért nem tudom mi a baj. Megpróbáltam manuálisan törölni a hibát, majd újrainicializálni a HFT váltót, de csak az 1-es és a 2-es számok villognak, ami után a "-" ismét villog. Ezért vagyok teljesen tanácstalan .

Na, ez megmagyarázza! Lásd a 15. választ a használt TCM-re vonatkozóan.

[/URL]
[/IDÉZET]
Akkor vegyek használt TCM-et? Ez megoldja? Mielőtt kicserélném a jelenlegi TCM-et a másik vásárolt TCM-re, érdemes felmelegíteni a motort és inicializálni a HFT sebességváltót? Jól gondolom, vagy csak hidegen cseréljem ki a két TCM dobozt?

Freddy

Should I buy a used TCM then? Does that solve it? Before replacing the current TCM with the other TCM I bought, is it worth warming up the engine and initializing the HFT transmission? Am I right, or should I just coldly replace the two TCM boxes?

Do you already have another TCM?

Babarci

Akkor vegyek használt TCM-et? Ez megoldja? Mielőtt kicserélném a jelenlegi TCM -et egy másik vásárolt TCM -re, érdemes bemelegíteni a motort és inicializálni a HFT sebességváltót? Jól gondolom, vagy csak hidegen cseréljem ki a két TCM dobozt ?

Van már másik TCM-je?
[/IDÉZET]
Még nem vettem, csak előre rákérdeztem a procedúrára. A másik TCM nem zavarja a kulcsfelismerést stb.? Várható-e bármilyen változás, ha másik TCM-etnak csatlakoztatni a motorhoz?

Freddy

The TCM is not part of the engine management system or security system. It is for the transmission only. Read the Honda service manual for TCM replacement.

Knob

Site Suporter
The problem may be that my service friend was already trying to read the error with a Healtech OBD reader, and after that the DN-01 did not even connect to the OBD. There is no short or long blinking, but only the "-" signal flashing in one beat. That's why I don't know what's wrong. I tried to manually delete the error and then reinitialize the HFT shifter, but only the numbers 1 and 2 blink, after which the "-" flashes again. That's why I'm completely clueless.

Well, that explains it! See reply 15 for used TCM.

[/URL][/URL]
In my case with the Healtec I got the same "-" steady blinking after deleting errors and no gear could be activated after that. Healtec did not warn about deleting calibration settings from TCM in any way. Engine started normally.
Solution was to re-calibrate the transmission angle sensor, look for the procedure at Service Manual pages 11-93...11-96.
Healtec did not ruin the TCM, just deleted settings from it about transmission angle sensor.

Babarci

Az én esetemben a Healtec-nél ugyanazt a "-" villogást kaptam a hibák törlése után, és ezután nem lehetett sebességet aktiválni. A Healtec semmilyen módon nem figyelmeztetett a kalibrációs beállítások TCM-ből való törlésére. A motor normálisan indult.
A megoldás a sebességváltó szögérzékelőjének újrakalibrálása volt, az eljárást keresse a Szervizelési kézikönyv 11-93...11-96 oldalain.
A Healtec nem tette tönkre a TCM-et, csak törölte a beállításokat az átviteli szögérzékelőről.
[/IDÉZET]
Cseréljem ki a szögérzékelőt és kalibráljam? A HFT váltót kell utána újrakalibrálni? Jól értem?

Freddy

From what Knob says, you do not need the used TCM. Do as he says: Solution was to re-calibrate the transmission angle sensor, look for the procedure at Service Manual pages 11-93...11-96.
then report back. 1 step at a time.

Babarci

A Knob szerint nincs szüksége a használt TCM-re. Tegye úgy, ahogy mondja: A megoldás a sebességváltó szögérzékelőjének újrakalibrálása volt, keresse meg az eljárást a Szervizelési kézikönyv 11-93...11-96 oldalain .
majd jelentkezz. 1 lépést egyszerre.
[/IDÉZET]
RENDBEN! Ezer köszönet érte! Igyekszem jól csinálni. Boldog Karácsonyt!